The shape analysis methods we conduct are based on Principal Component Analysis of the homologous representation of a set individual body sizes.
Principal Components can synthesise independent shape variations of human body.
What do these tools include?
- PCA calculation by approximate methods (NIPALS and Random SVD)
- Principal component visualisation of a sequence of shapes or overlapped shapes
- Extraction of measurements from 3D shapes
- Calculation of correlations between body measurements and Principal Components
- Creation of representative digital mannequins of population groups or sizes
- Segmentation of 3D body parts for product-oriented analyses
- Creation/Edition of avatars based on Principal Components
- Modelling of body measurements or other parameters through Principal Components